Hello
my name is Fredric, and i belong to the prestigious family of The
Firehydrants! I have many brothers and sisters all around the world, we all look very similar though there are some distinctions between us, such as some are large, some are small, some are red, some are yellow, some have scars and tattoos, while some are clean and untouched... then there are those with that awful smell of dog urine! Even though some of us are very different we all love each other very much, the only problem we face is that we never get too see each other! we actually don't get to move around much at all. My only relative I ever get to see is my sister Katie who lives down the street about a block and we communicate by doing morse code with the water that we can splash out of our heads. None of my brothers or sisters really know who our parents are because we don't even remember our childhood, all of a sudden we were all together in a very large truck where would could relax and talk to each other, then all of a sudden, one by one, a couple men would come to the back and get us placing us on a curb side, and then left. That ride was the last time i ever saw my family. The only relitive I still see is my sister Katie, because she was placed only a block away and I can still see her. Though we cant talk, we use morse code with our water splashes to communicate. This seems to work rather well, except we can only do it when we know no one is around because if people found out that we werent actually inanimate objects, then they would all probably try to kepp us as pets.
When I was dropped off I remember the men telling me that my purpose in life was to put outany fire that came myway. I have always thought that this was a pointless job, as when id there ever a fire in the street? I mean it just a concreat piece that isnt even flamable yet my soul purpose in life is to put outfire in it? Even though i hate my job, I love my past-time. I enjoy spraying children as they run by when having water fights. If you have every been having a water fight and then was all of a sudden hit in the backby a lot of water and had no clue where it came from? It was probably me or one of my other relitives that enjoy the past-time too.
Dont tell anyone, but I have a secret. I can actually move and talk. I remember being freshly dropped off and being able to mive around and speak. Though it doesn't do you very well when you are a firehydrant and everyone just sees you as an inanimate object. I triedto actually walk up tosomeone once and talk to him, but it ended in a bitter defeat when he quickly ran away and called th police (he now resides in a nice little mental institute). My life's goal is to be accepted into todays society as simply a walking, talking firehydrant! Is that so challenging or difficult? I am even wrighting this using my very own hands! Try to find another firehydrant who can do this! So I hope this message changes the waqy you veiw firehydrants, because we arent just inanimant objects, but living things with feelings, and it doesn't feel very good when we are merely thought of as "objects".
Nice story...my fire hydrants name is similar... Frederick Flockanugain...
ReplyDeleteWow nice story! Very creative, though very similar to a story I just read on Rachel's blog. It seems like you guys are telepathic or something:) Great job! I like the idea that fire hydrants secretly talk when people aren't looking!
ReplyDeleteNice job Dylan! I agree with Olivia about the hydrants secretly speaking to each other. Very creative! :) I really enjoyed reading this! Even the first paragraphs twice. HAHA. Amazing. :)
ReplyDeleteTHAT PICTURE IS SO CUTE. But, I'm supposed to comment about the story so here I go... It twas cute. I thought it was pretty creative. The end.
ReplyDelete